The Essential Guide to Healthy Healing Foods Book Review and Giveaway
Have you ever wished you could have a dietician and your high school Home Ec teacher in a closet in your kitchen? With the book, The Essential Guide to Healthy Healing Foods in your kitchen, you’ll feel like you have that and more.
Healthy Healing Foods is chock full of great information about foods and nutrition — tackling subjects like how to divide up your diet to get the right amount of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, which foods offer better nutrition when they’re organically grown and which are just as nutritious with conventional farming, and how to best store food to maintain nutritional value.
Did you know, for example:
- The typical American diet is actually too rich in protein.
- Unsaturated fats from olive oil, fish, and nuts are good for heart health and your cholesterol.
- While apples, blueberries, and cherries are probably healthier when grown organically, the nutritional value is no better for pineapples, onions, grapefruits, corn, or watermelon that’s organically grown.
Healthy Healing Foods is not a book to read cover-to-cover like a novel. Instead, you’ll use it more like your recipe books, finding information you need to know, like which spices promote health, which teas are better to drink, and what are the health benefits from eating different fruits and vegetables. There are interesting sections on milks (cow milk vs. soymilk, nut milks, and rice and oat milk) and about water (tap vs. bottled vs. flavored varieties).
You’ll also find tips on getting started with healthy eating programs to promote specific health benefits:
- Diets to reduce inflammation, which can be important for reducing heart disease
- Diets to boost the metabolism when you need to lose weight
- Diets to rev up your immune system and food tips for enhancing your mood
- Foods to help promote healthy sleep, a regular digestive system, and strong bones
- Strategies for decreasing diabetes
- Foods to reduce your risk for certain cancers
There are also recipes throughout to help put this information together into meals you’ll love to prepare and serve.
If you’d like to learn more about how to make your meals more nutrient packed to promote better health, this book is a great guide to get you started. I’m giving away one copy to one lucky winner who will be randomly chosen from those leaving comments at the end of this blog from today through the end of Sunday. Happy reading and happy (and healthier) eating!
6 Responses to “The Essential Guide to Healthy Healing Foods Book Review and Giveaway”
Leave a Reply